A rapacious critic of mine has written more criticisms of my exposition of Biblical anthropology and my criticism of the soul in scripture.
In his first installment:
- He says that my view of 2 Cor. 5 is a cop-out and he doesn’t understand my appeal to 1 Cor. 15 even though Paul explicitly uses the exact same language as 2 Cor. 5 and clearly explains this is about the resurrection not the soul and the floaty place:
1 Cor. 15: 53 For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then will come about the saying that is written, “Death is swallowed up in victory.”
- He says my soul and breath of life distinction is wrong because Gen. 2:7 does not use the word ruwach for the breath of life. Yet he totally avoids the fact that ruwach IS used for the breath of life in Gen. 6:17 and Gen. 7:15.
- This man uses 2 Cor. 5 and other passages specifically to prove the idea that the intermediate post death state of man is disembodied and then he has the nerve to later say,
“He assumes to know what a disembodied spirit must be like, some nameless, faceless entity that transcends all categories of language, because he imposes the views of heathen idol-worshipers and philosophers upon the text and says that this is what it must be. But we know that this isn’t even the case with God and the angels in heaven and around us. So why must we settle for this view concerning disembodied spirits?”
These people are so stupid it is baffling. They themselves quote passages from Ecclesiastes that say at death the spirit ascends back to Yah who gave it and then they want this to apply to people under the ground in a disembodied state! Yes I do claim to know what a disembodied spirit looks like. It is the possession of Yah in the heavenly sanctuary above the dome of the flat earth not under the ground in your delusion of a subterranean Abraham’s bosom.
- He also asserts that angels are immortal. Interesting that he admits the Bible says Yah alone has immortality and then asserts “For the angels are also immortal spirits, but they do not posses immortality in and of themselves.” The statement on its face is contradictory nonsense not to mention there isn’t a single passage in the bible that says angels are immortal.
- And of course like every other pagan mystic he completely avoids the massive amount of blatantly clear passages in the Bible that state that the dead are asleep under the ground, not disembodied in a floaty place or in a subterranean chamber called Abraham’s bosom
In his second installment:
- He completely avoids the fact that I pointed out that Yah had denied Saul information. 1 Sam. 28:6-7.
- He replies to my citation, “therefore tomorrow you and your sons will be with me. 1 Sam 28:19” by saying “both the spirits of the righteous and wicked went into Sheol under the earth, which has different sections for the righteous and the wicked and chasms that separate them.” But that isn’t what the demon form of Samuel said is it? It said “you and your sons will be with me”! It didn’t say they would be separate from him!
- He maintains that the witch of Endor being a medium, specialized in speaking with the dead. Get with it Southern Israelite! Not only does the Bible teach the soul doctrine it explicitly mentions people speaking with the disembodied spirits of dead human beings!
But does it? Does the Bible tell us that mediums speak with the disembodied spirits of dead human beings? Well as stated earlier Ecc. 12:7 states that the spirits of the dead go back to the Father. They do not go to a subterranean chamber. These people will quote this exact passage to me and then wonder why I keep thinking spirits are up above and not in a subterranean chamber. Well maybe if you kept your story straight things would go a little smoother but as we all know, your position is utterly baseless.
So what are these spirits that mediums consult? These are demons. We read,
Lev. 20: 3 I will also set My face against that man and will cut him off from among his people, because he has given some of his offspring to Molech, so as to defile My sanctuary and to profane My holy name. 4 If the people of the land, however, should ever disregard that man when he gives any of his offspring to Molech, so as not to put him to death, 5 then I Myself will set My face against that man and against his family, and I will cut off from among their people both him and all those who play the harlot after him, by playing the harlot after Molech. 6 ‘As for the person who turns to mediums and to spiritists, to play the harlot after them, I will also set My face against that person and will cut him off from among his people.
Consulting a medium is the same sin of harolty as worshiping other gods. This word harlot is used of sexual immorality but also used for idolatry. Why is consulting dead ancestors considered the same sin as worshiping other deities? The scriptures make very plain that the worship of other gods is not to other real gods but communion with demons, just as in consulting mediums:
Lev. 17:7 They shall no longer sacrifice their sacrifices to the goat demons with which they play the harlot. This shall be a permanent statute to them throughout their generations.”’
Deut. 32:17 “They sacrificed to demons who were not God, To gods whom they have not known, New gods who came lately, Whom your fathers did not dread.
Psa 106:37 They even sacrificed their sons and their daughters to the demons
1 Cor. 10:20 No, but I say that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to demons and not to God; and I do not want you to become sharers in demons.
Faber demonstrated that the Pagan gods were deified ancestors of the gentile peoples. But were they consulting with dead ancestors in this worship? No. According to scripture they were worshiping demons! The scriptures also tell us that demons shape-shift. Matt 4:1-11; 2 Cor 11:13,14. Thus, when I maintain that the Elohim mentioned by the medium of Endor was indeed a demon shape-shifted as Samuel I am standing on solid rock.
- Lastly, and I must rub this man’s nose in this until he can’t stand it, this man never, not one word in his replies deals with the primary case we have: Namely, the massive number of passages that we have that the dead are in a state of sleep!