- Rev. 11:3 tells us the Two Witnesses will prophecy for the 1260 days which has been proven to be the span of 70 A.D. to 1330 A.D. (link) Rev. 11:7 tells us “When they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up out of the abyss will make war with them, and overcome them and kill them”. Thus Wycliffe and Huss would fail though the seeds of the Reformation planted. Thus, the true Church would be killed during the 5th Lateran Council. Rev. 11:8 tells us the slain two witnesses will die in the great city and “their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which “mystically is called Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified.” This must be taken mystically, meaning, where our Lord was mystically crucified and betrayed, namely, the Roman Religion and its abomination of the Mass. Verses 9-11 tell us “ 9 Those from the peoples and tribes and tongues and nations will look at their dead bodies for three and a half days, and will not permit their dead bodies to be laid in a tomb. 10 And those who dwell on the earth will rejoice over them and celebrate; and they will send gifts to one another, because these two prophets tormented those who dwell on the earth. 11 But after the three and a half days, the breath of life from God came into them, and they stood on their feet; and great fear fell upon those who were watching them.” Thus, in October 1517, the Protestant Reformation came back to life with the 95 Thesis 3 and half days, thus 3 and a half literal years after its death during the Fifth Lateran Council.
A Jewish run Jerusalem did not exist during this span of time.
- We read in Rev. 17:18 that the whore “The woman whom you saw is the great city, which reigns over the kings of the earth.” We know she is riding the Roman beast as already demonstrated:
- Rev. 17:9-10 tells us the seven mountains are seven kings, not literal mountains. The five that have fallen are the pre-Roman Pagan empires. The one that is, is Pagan-Imperial Rome and the one that shall be is the Holy Roman Empire. As already proven:
- Rev. 18:16 The Great city is clothed in purple and scarlet, the colors of Roman Catholicism not Jewish Jerusalem.
- Rev. 18:4 tells us many believers are in the whore’s communion. This is not true of either a past or present Jewish run Jerusalem.